Our Physical Education Program is an integral part of educating the "Total Child." Students have P.E. daily, instilling in them the importance of making physical activity an essential part of life.
- Beginning in Kindergarten, younger students focus on developing motor skills, balance, and teamwork as they engage in creative and fun games that utilize skill sets taken from traditional sports, such as basketball, baseball, and soccer.
- Beginning in 3rd Grade, students will progress in their skills and knowledge as more advanced movement patterns and skills are integrated into warm-ups, exciting games, and fitness challenges. Reactivity, decision-making, and teamwork become more important throughout the curriculum.
- Students learn to set goals, including how to assess and improve their personal fitness levels. They also learn the mechanics of movement that allow them to build their strength, speed, agility, power, and stability. Fitness is never a competition amongst classmates, only competition with oneself.
- Our P.E. Program aims to develop student-athletes with outstanding character who value qualities like effort, having positive attitude, sportsmanship, teamwork, and resiliency. Weekly discussions and lessons reinforce the importance of being leaders at Laurence.
- Motor Skills: throwing, catching, shooting, dribbling, passing, trapping, rolling, and striking
- Fitness Qualities: agility, speed, endurance, strength, power, stability, body control, and spatial awareness
- Healthy Lifestyle: exercise, nutrition, sleep, stress-management, positive relationships
- Character Building: cooperation, sportsmanship, determination, kindness, enthusiasm, hard work, grit, and leadership