Below you will find important information about:
• School hours
• Carpool and more!
Please read this section carefully!
Kindergarten: 8:00 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
1st through 6th: 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
BACKPACKS ON WHEELS
No backpacks on wheels for students in K-2nd grade
3rd-6th grade students may bring backpacks on wheels; however, there is limited storage in individual lockers for backpacks of this size.
ATTENDANCE & LATE ARRIVAL
Please arrive at school by 7:45 a.m. and no later than 7:55 a.m. so students can effectively transition to the school environment.
After 8:00 a.m., students are considered tardy and must enter through the Front Office on Victory Blvd. and check in before going to class.
Please limit your child's absences due to illness.
In extenuating circumstances, please ask permission from the Head of School before extending your child's vacation.
Please call the Front Office by 10:00 a.m. and pick up missed work between 3:15 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
1st and 2nd grade - If absent for more than two days, please pick up missed work
3rd-6th grade- Need to pick up and complete missed homework and classwork
No student will be permitted to carry medication of any kind.
Prescriptions need to be in a container from a pharmacy, along with a note from your doctor, indicating the name of the medication and dosage for both home and school.
Any change must be reported to Melissa Walkes at (818) 782-4001, ext. 273 or via email.
Parking is always available in the corner lot (Gate 2), on a first-come, first-served basis. Parking is also available in the shopping center parking lot just east of the Administration Building on Victory Boulevard (center section only). Visitors parked in any spots not in the center section must exit the shopping center lot east of the school no later than 9:45 a.m. to avoid having their vehicles towed.
It is important for all students to be in their classrooms by 7:55 a.m., as classes begin promptly at 8 a.m.
7:30 a.m. – 7:55 a.m.
Victory Carpool Entrance (GATE 1)
- Kindergarten-2nd grade and siblings of Kindergarten students
PAC Carpool Entrance (GATE 4)
- 3rd–6th grade and 1st and 2nd grade siblings of 3rd – 6th graders
- All vehicles must be in PARK while children enter or exit.
- Students must exit from the RIGHT side of the vehicle.
- Cell phone usage is NOT permitted in the carpool line.
- Drivers should NOT exit their vehicles in the carpool line.
- Drivers should NOT socialize with parents, staff, or teachers; the line needs to keep moving.
Walk-in Drop-off (through front office only)
- Check-in. Upon arrival, any parents wishing to remain on campus for any reason (i.e., walking students to class, participating in morning assembly, etc.) must check-in and receive an entrance sticker/visitor I.D. at the front desk before entering campus. Your entrance sticker must be visible to security staff at all times. Upon departure, we ask that you check-out stating the time you left.
- Parking. Parking is available in the corner lot (Gate 2) at all times, on a first-come, first-served basis. Parking is also available in the shopping center parking lot just east of the Administration Building on Victory Boulevard (center section only). Visitors parked in any spots not in the center section must exit the shopping center lot east of the school no later than 9:45 a.m. to avoid having their vehicles towed.
Victory Carpool Entrance (GATE 1)
- 2:45 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.: Kindergarten
- 3:00 p.m. - 3:20 p.m.: Kindergarten – 2nd grade and siblings of Kindergarten students
To enter the driveway, there is one drop-off/pick-up lane for those who approach westbound on Victory Blvd. Do not turn left from eastbound Victory into the school's driveway. There is now an anti-gridlock zone along Victory Blvd. Please do not block lanes of traffic.
Please do not arrive ahead of the carpool start times.
PAC Carpool Entrance (GATE 4)
- 3:00 p.m. - 3:20 p.m.: 3rd-6th grade and 1st and 2nd grade siblings of 3rd – 6th grade students
To enter the driveway, there is one drop-off/pick-up lane for those who approach northbound on Woodman Ave.
Please DO NOT turn left from southbound Woodman into the school.
There is NO LEFT TURN when exiting any school parking lot onto Woodman Avenue.
Please do not arrive ahead of the carpool startime.
- Daily Pick-Up List must be completed and on file in the front office. Students will only be released to those listed on the authorized pick-up list.
- If a student is going home with a friend/different driver – a parent must send an email or written note to both the front office (firstname.lastname@example.org) and the student's teacher.
Car Placard/Annual Entrance Sticker
- Parents must complete and display a car placard on the rear-view mirror when driving through to pick up a student or carpool. In addition, every car entering campus must display a current window cling on its front windshield lower front passenger side. If the cling is not visible, the driver will be asked to park and enter through the front office.
- Make sure your placard (green or blue) is complete with the last names of all families in your carpool and your carpool number. Then, hang the placard from your rear-view mirror.
Walk-in Pick-up (through Front Office only)
- Check-in. If a parent or other authorized individual walks in to pick up any students, the parent or individual must check in at the front desk. Before exiting our campus, parents or authorized individuals must check students out. All individuals who are not the legal guardian or parent of a student must be on the pick-up list in order to pick up students from School.
- Parking. In the afternoon, parking is available along Woodman Ave. and in the Corner Lot (Gate 2). Parking is also available in the center section only of the shopping center parking lot east of the administration building, but visitors may not park in any other spots or will run the risk of being towed.
- At pick-up time, staff members will bring your children to your car.
- If your car cannot be loaded immediately, the staff may ask you to exit the lot and circle around due to safety issues.
- Parking police periodically monitor our pick-up line and ticket drivers who block the flow of traffic on Victory and Woodman or who make illegal turns into the carpool line or driveway.
- It is your responsibility to inform ALL drivers for your family of our carpool procedure.
Hired Driver Services
Laurence School understands that parents have many options for how to transport students to and from school each day. Laurence School is not responsible for any decisions parents make regarding the transportation of students to and from school. However, professional car service or rideshare companies, including but not limited to Uber, Lyft, Sidecar, Hop Skip Drive, or a taxi service ("Driver Services"), are not permitted in the school parking lot or on campus and parents should not request or arrange for these Driver Services or other professional car services or rideshare companies to deliver or pick up their students from school. The school will not knowingly release students to such Driver Services.