Head of School
Director of Kindergarten - 2nd Grade
Director of Grades 3-6 & STEAM K-6
Chief Financial Officer
Director of Operations & Auxiliary Programs
Laurence School does not discriminate based upon race, color, disability, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or national or ethnic origin in the educational instruction, administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, financial aid or scholarships, athletic or other school-administered programs, and any other activities generally accorded or made available to students at the School.
Laurence School is located on a five-acre campus in Valley Glen, just north of Sherman Oaks in the San Fernando Valley.
September - June
Kindergarten: 8:00 a.m. - 2:45 p.m.
1st - 6th Grade: 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
After School Supervision:
3:00 - 5:30 p.m.
Application Due Date:
Siblings: October 1, 2020
New Families: February 1, 2021
Financial Aid Applications Due:
February 8, 2021
- Credentials and higher level degrees
- Student to faculty ratio: 8:1
(in Kindergarten and 1st Grade, this means an average of 17 students per class with two full-time teachers)
- Average class size in 2nd through 6th Grades: 23
After School Enrichment Classes
(3:00 - 4:00 p.m.):
Classes may include: Glee Club, Minecraft EDU!, Yoga, Egghead with Lego, Egghead Astronauts, Being Da Vinci, Hip Hop Jazz, Ballet, Cooking, Chess Club, Arts & Electronics, Drawing & Painting, "Ready, Set, Grow," Puppetry, Dino World, Soccer Skills, Multimedia Art, Upper Division Musical, After School Play, After School Learning Labs, After School Homework Club, and more.
Performing Arts Program:
Chorus, Piano/Keyboarding, Percussion, Drama, Dance, Musical Theater, Orchestra
"Fun in the Summer" Camp (Four Weeks):
- Readiness program for incoming Kindergarten students
- Academic preparation and electives for 1st through 5th Grade campers, including: sports, art, music, theater, science, cooking, weekly thematic programming
- Counselor in Training (CIT) opportunities for 5th Grade through high school students.
School-wide Thematic Programs:
- Character Education – Represent the “L”
- Global Education - Sister School Program
- Environmental Education/Edible Garden
- Integrated, state-of-the-art Apple Technology Center
- School-wide iPad and laptop program
- SMART Boards in every classroom and learning lab
- 1-to-1 Laptop Program in 4th, 5th, and 6th Grades
- K - 6 STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Math) Program
- For students in 4th through 6th Grades
- Girls' basketball, soccer, and volleyball
- Boys' basketball, soccer, flag football, and baseball
- Home games played on our outdoor field and sports court and in our indoor gymnasium
- Science Center set up as a laboratory with integrated technology programs and flexible learning space for STEAM program
- Designated outdoor learning and performing arts spaces
- 20,000-volume Jacobson Media Library
- Music Center, Art Studio, and a kitchen for cooking lessons
- Large green athletic field, outdoor sport court, and 10,000 square foot Sports & Performing Arts Center (PAC)