Laurence School is located on a five-acre campus in Valley Glen, just north of Sherman Oaks in the San Fernando Valley.
September - June
Kindergarten: 8:15 a.m. - 2:45 p.m.
1st - 6th Grade: 8:15 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
After School Supervision:
3:00 - 5:30 p.m.
Application Due Date:
Siblings: October 1, 2022
New Families: January 16, 2023
Financial Aid Applications Due:
February 6, 2023
- Credentials and higher level degrees
- Student to faculty ratio: 8:1
After School Enrichment Classes
(3:00 - 4:00 p.m.):
Classes may include: Glee Club, Minecraft EDU!, Yoga, Egghead with Lego, Egghead Astronauts, Hip Hop, Jazz, Ballet, Cheerleading, Cooking, Chess Club, Arts & Electronics, Drawing & Painting, Puppetry, Soccer Skills, Multimedia Art, Orchestra, Lower Division Musical, Upper Division Musical, Stage Crew, After School Play, After School Learning Labs, After School Homework Club, and more.
Performing Arts Program:
"Fun in the Summer" Camp (Four Weeks):
- Readiness program for incoming Kindergarten students
- Academic preparation and electives for 1st through 5th Grade campers, including: sports, art, music, theater, science, cooking, weekly thematic programming
- Counselor in Training (CIT) opportunities for 5th Grade through high school students.
School-wide Thematic Programs:
- Character Education – Represent the “L”
- DEI, Global Education & Sister School Program
- Environmental Education/Edible Garden
- Integrated, state-of-the-art Apple Technology Center
- School-wide iPad and laptop program
- SMART Boards in every classroom and learning lab
- 1-to-1 Laptop Program in 4th, 5th, and 6th Grades
- K - 6 STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Math) Program
- For students in 4th through 6th Grades
- Girls' basketball, soccer, and volleyball
- Boys' basketball, soccer, flag football, and baseball
- Home games played on our outdoor field and sports court and in our indoor gymnasium
- Science Center set up as a laboratory with integrated technology programs and flexible learning space for STEAM program
- Designated outdoor learning and performing arts spaces
- 20,000-volume Jacobson Media Library
- Music Center, Art Studio, and a kitchen for cooking lessons
- Large green athletic field, outdoor sport court, and 10,000 square foot Sports & Performing Arts Center (PAC)
Accreditations and Memberships:
Head of School
Chief Financial Officer
Director of K-2nd Grade
Director of Grades 3-6 Chief Operating Officer
LIZ BECK Director of Technology
Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and Curriculum
Director of Athletics
Laurence School does not discriminate based upon race, color, or national or ethnic origin in the educational instruction, administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, financial aid or scholarships, athletic or other School-administered programs, and any other activities generally accorded or made available to students at the School.