We welcome your completed online application for the 2022-2023 school year beginning June 1, 2021.
At Laurence School, an applicant's qualifications are determined based on the following:
- Age requirement: Children applying to kindergarten for the 2022-2023 school year must be five years of age on or before August 1, 2022.
- The evaluation protocol for those applying for the 2022-2023 school year has not yet been determined. We are developing a safe plan where each child’s developmental readiness and ability to achieve success in our program can be assessed. Further information to follow.
- An evaluation form completed by your child’s current teacher and returned directly to Laurence School.
Some factors considered include academic readiness and the ability to listen and follow directions, to transition, and to establish positive peer and teacher interactions.
APPLICATION PROCESS Checklist
- Visit Laurence
Visiting Laurence is an important part of the admissions process. Click here to learn more and schedule a visit.
- Return Application
All applications must be completed and submitted online no later than January 14, 2022. However, we appreciate receiving your application as soon as possible.
- Include with Online Application
- $135 application fee (non-refundable)
- Recent (wallet-size) photo of your child and a family photo (either uploaded online or emailed to email@example.com)
- Previous reports ( i.e., report cards, testing, etc.) where applicable
- Click here for the online application.
- Transcript and Recommendation Forms
Submit your signed Transcript and Recommendation Forms to your child's current teacher. Please have the teacher mail the completed forms directly to Laurence School. For new applicants, these forms must be completed by your child's 2021-2022 teacher. Click here to access these forms.
- Parent Meeting
In our effort to get to know one another better, we request that applicant parents schedule a personal (and virtual) meeting with a member of our Admissions Team. Please call Sandy Cohen, in the Admissions Office at 818.782.4001 x 223, to set-up a mutually convenient appointment time.
- Applications for Grades 1-6
Once you have submitted an application for a grade other than kindergarten, we will notify you when we know whether we may have an opening in the appropriate grade level. At that time, we will invite your child for a readiness evaluation with a member of our Admissions Team.
- Laurence School's Sibling & Legacy Policy
We consider ourselves a family school and try to keep families together. Siblings of current Laurence students (as of September 2022) will be given preference when all other factors are equal, including admissions qualifications and the family’s positive relations with, involvement in, and support of the school. Parents should realize, however, that no one is guaranteed admission, and we urge all applicants, including siblings and children of alumni, to apply to at least 3 other schools.
- Admission Decisions
Admission decisions will be emailed at 5:00 p.m. on March 11, 2022.
Parent admissions responses are due no later than noon on March 18, 2022.
Laurence School does not discriminate based upon race, color, and national or ethnic origin, in the educational instruction, administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, financial aid or scholarships, athletic or other school-administered programs, and any other activities generally accorded or made available to students at the School.