Dear Laurence Community,
In light of the low positivity rate on campus paired with the promising decrease in both the LA County COVID positivity rate and case counts, we are delighted to begin welcoming fully vaccinated parents back to campus in February! We acknowledge that these past two years and the recent Omicron surge have been very challenging and frustrating for all of us. Your patience, love, and understanding during this challenging time are truly appreciated.
*Please note that our plans are subject to change if public health conditions warrant.*
As always, the health and safety of our community is a paramount priority. In anticipation of parents' return to campus, we want to remind you of important updates to our protocols.
All parents/guests are required to wear upgraded (KN95 or N95), well-fitting, non-cloth masks with a nose wire at all times while on campus, per updated LACDPH recommendations.
All parents/guests on campus must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
We strongly encourage parents/guests to obtain a COVID-19 booster shot before returning back on campus. If you have not already done so, please send proof of your COVID booster, if eligible, to healthoffice@laurenceschool.
On-Campus Opportunities for Fully Vaccinated Parents
- Hot lunch volunteers will resume on Tuesday, February 1st.
- Home athletic games may have parents and current Laurence siblings in attendance starting Tuesday, February 1st. All games will be held outdoors at this time.
- Snack Bar volunteers will resume on Thursday, February 3rd.
- RWB&G Assemblies will resume as of Friday, February 4th, with a limited number of parents in attendance, as follows:
- February 4- Parents of students receiving birthday ribbons (birthdays from Jan. 1- February 10)
- February 11- 6th grade parents, and parents of students receiving birthday ribbons
- February 25- 3rd & 5th grade parents, and parents of students receiving birthday ribbons
- March 4- Kindergarten & 4th grade parents, and parents of students receiving birthday ribbons
- March 18- 1st & 2nd grade parents, and parents of students receiving birthday ribbons
As always, our protocols are in alignment with mandates from the LACDPH that we must follow.
- Reopening Protocols for K-12 Schools: Appendix T1
- COVID-19 Exposure Management Plan Guidance in TK-12 Schools: Appendix T2
We look forward to welcoming back our parent community to once again share in on-campus life at Laurence!