While this school year will no doubt look different, we are making every effort to bring our students and families a true Laurence School experience, including during remote learning.
From morning meetings to time with specialists, a reimagined Buddy Program to virtual field trips, and small-group learning to engaging enrichment experiences, our goal is for your children to thrive. We will also continue to emphasize social and emotional development, and our Character Education Program, while finding new ways for children to have unique and meaningful social interactions with classmates.
Once we are able to return to campus for in-person learning, we will be ready to pivot, moving forward with bring our students back and continuing a hybrid remote program for parents who choose that option.
The Back-to-School Plan for 2020-21
This plan was created by our Teaching & Learning, Educational Technology, and Operations Task Forces, in consultation with our Medical Task Force. The plan is divided into three sections:
- Health, Hygiene & Risk Mitigation
- Academics, Enrichment & Student Experience
Our plans are in compliance with current Los Angeles County and City requirements, American Academy of Pediatrics guidance, and CDC guidelines. We will regularly update this page as the school year progresses.
In addition to the Back to School Plan: 2020-21 outlined below, the following protocols are also available for your review:
COVID-19 School Guidance Checklist (CDPH) COVID-19 Prevention Program (OSHA and CDPH) Back-to-School Plan Campus Reopening Plan LACDPH Reopening Protocols Employee Return to Work Protocols Exposure Management SchoolPass Tutorials (Wellness Check)
Updated: March 31, 2021
Section 1: Health, Hygiene & Risk Mitigation
Section 2: Academics, Enrichment & Student Experience
Section 3: FAQs
- How should I communicate with Laurence about my preference for Hybrid in-person or Hybrid Remote learning for my child(ren)?
- If I opted into in-person learning for my child(ren) can I switch to the remote learning program (and vice versa)?
- Will there be mask breaks?
- How will I obtain my child’s materials for Virtual Learning?
- What supplies do I need to purchase for my child?
- What are the expectations for uniforms and general decorum during remote learning?
- When will I find out about my child’s class assignments?
- Will my child be issued an iPad or computer?
- Do you have any advice on how to help my child with remote learning?
- Do you have any tips on creating a learning environment for my child at home?