Founded in 1953, Laurence School is one of the finest elementary schools in the greater Los Angeles area. Laurence offers a challenging academic program, while preserving the nurturing family-like atmosphere that is its hallmark. Concern for "The Total Child's" development – academic, social, emotional, and physical - is key. For more than 60 years, founders Marvin and Lynn Jacobson, along with Head of School Laurie Wolke and our Administrative Team, have guided Laurence School from a two-room school house with twelve students to a state-of-the-art campus with over 300 children in grades kindergarten through six.
Learn more about our giving funds:
- Laurence Fund
- Grandparent Fund
- Capital Campaign
- Jacobson Legacy Scholarship Fund
- Trinka Baggetta Fund for the Arts
As with other independent schools, tuition alone does not cover the cost to educate a Laurence student. Therefore, fundraising is essential to helping us ensure the most enriched educational experience possible.
The revenue from fundraising benefits every facet of the School, including:
- Our classrooms (ensuring that we have state-of-the-art materials)
- Our beautiful four-acre campus (ensuring its growth and beautification)
- Our green facility (maintaining it and making all necessary upgrades)
- Our library (getting the top resources for our children)
- Our technology program (making sure it remains on the cutting edge)
- Our security team (increasing the number of guards on and around campus)
- Our enrichment programs, including the performing arts and music, the visual arts, athletics, and interscholastic sports
- Our teachers (ensuring that their salaries and benefits are competitive and that they have ample professional development opportunities to grow their craft)
- Our Financial Aid program
The Laurence family greatly appreciates your generosity - it secures Laurence School's place at the pinnacle of elementary education. Become a part of the Laurence legacy by donating today!