For 62 years, Laurence School has been providing high quality, personalized education for elementary school children. We are delighted to offer students entering kindergarten through fourth grade, as well as our Junior CITs (fifth and sixth graders) CITs (7th - 9th grade Laurence graduates) and Counselors (10th - 12th grade Laurence graduates) the benefit of our experience, philosophy, and resources during the summer months.
Our summer is a combination of academics and pure fun and excitement. Our morning enrichment program consists of summer sports, arts & crafts, and music, and our morning learning activities include a readiness program for the kindergarten campers to prepare them for the transition to elementary school. For the first through fifth grade campers, we provide math, reading, and writing reinforcement and acceleration.
- Weekly Themes: e.g., Storybook Week, Camping Week, and Western Week
- Dress-up Days: e.g., pajama day, dress like your favorite athlete day, crazy hair day
- Morning Assemblies with Dancing, Sing-a-longs, and More!
- Academic Readiness Program for Upcoming School Year
- Art, Music, and Performing Arts
- Sports Activities and Olympic Day
- Sports Camp for Upper Grades
- Electives for Every Interest
- "Fun in the Summer" for Kindergarten
- Ice Cream and Popsicle Breaks
- Private Tutoring, Grades 1 -6
- ISEE/ERB Preparation for Upper Grade Students
• REGISTRATION- Summer Camp Registration is now available ONLY online.
• CAMP HOURS - Summer program hours are Monday through Friday, 8:50 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. Campers may be dropped off at 8:30 A.M. for no extra charge. All campers must be picked up by 3:15 P.M.
• LUNCH - Lunch is provided by our school catering service, Fresh Lunches, and may be purchased on a weekly basis for a fee. Children may also choose to bring lunch from home each day. Please see the lunch schedule, available on our website, for more information.
• SNACKS - Students should bring a mid-morning snack. An afternoon ice cream treat will be provided daily.
• IMPORTANT CAMP ITEMS - Campers should bring the following items each day: sunscreen, backpack, mid-morning snack, hat, water bottle, change of clothes, and a towel.
• DRESS CODE - Comfortable clothing is recommended for summer camp. Children should wear tennis shoes or suitable shoes for sports, rather than sandals or open-toed shoes. A complimentary camp t-shirt will be provided.
• RAIN POLICY - In the event of rain, activities will take place indoors within the School’s facilities.
• HEALTH & SAFETY - Your child’s well-being is our priority. Please complete the Emergency Medical Information Form, which can be downloaded after you’ve registered online.
• "LAURENCE LOOT" - Every Friday, campers will exchange the "Laurence Loot" they have earned for fun-filled prizes.
Incoming Kindergarten students are encouraged to attend our Summer Camp Program to meet their classroom teachers and academic specialists, make friends, and explore their new school campus in a relaxed and fun setting. During the mornings, activities incorporate academic subjects, including reading, math, and science. In the afternoons, students participate in our "summer fun time" with games, waterslides, and more!