Our Physical Education Program is an integral part of educating the "Total Child." Students have P.E. daily, instilling in them the importance of making physical activity an essential part of life.
- Beginning in Kindergarten, younger students focus on developing motor skills, balance, and teamwork as they engage in creative and fun games that utilize skill sets taken from traditional sports, such as basketball, baseball, and soccer.
- Starting in 3rd Grade students begin their healthy lifestyle portfolio, which includes assignments that help teach them about the benefits of exercise, sleep, nutrition, and stress-management.
- Students in our upper grades learn movement, mechanics, and proper techniques while to individually assess and improve qualities like strength, endurance, agility, speed, stability, and power.
- Our P.E. Program also teaches students important character lessons, including perseverance, resilience, respect, and sportsmanship.
- Motor Skills: throwing, catching, shooting, dribbling, passing, and striking
- Fitness Qualities: agility, speed, endurance, strength, power, stability, body control, and spatial awareness
- Healthy Lifestyle: exercise, nutrition, sleep, stress-management, positive relationships
- Character Building: cooperation, sportsmanship, determination, kindness, enthusiasm, hard work, grit, and leadership