Summer Camp / CIT Program
Summer at Laurence is a fun time for Kindergarten - 6th Grade students, as well as our many graduates who come back as Counselors-in-Traning (CITs) and Counselors.
Our Summer Camp incorporates academics to prepare students for the upcoming school year and prevent the "summer slide," as well as optional private tutoring. The program also offers a wide variety of engaging enrichment electives and summertime activities, including waterslides, Sports Camp, Olympic games, and more.
Our CIT & Counselor Program provides older students and graduates with an opportunity for leadership development. Fifth Grade students can choose whether to be campers or join the 6th Grade Students as Junior CITs. Graduates in 7th - 9th Grades can join the fun as CITs, while graduates in 10th - 12th Grades serve as Camp Counselors.
- Weekly Themes: e.g., Storybook Week, Camping Week, and Western Week
- Dress-up Days: e.g., pajama day, dress-like-your-favorite-athlete day, crazy hair day
- Morning Assemblies with Dancing, Sing-a-longs, and More!
- Academic Readiness Program for Upcoming School Year
- Art, Music, and Performing Arts
- Sports Activities and Olympic Day
- Sports Camp for Upper Grades
- Electives for Every Interest
- "Fun in the Summer" for Kindergarten
- Ice Cream and Popsicle Breaks
- Private Tutoring, Grades 1 -6
- ISEE/ERB Preparation for Upper Grade Students
Incoming Kindergarten students are encouraged to attend our Summer Camp Program to meet their classroom teachers and academic specialists, make friends, and explore their new school campus in a relaxed and fun setting. During the mornings, activities incorporate academic subjects, including reading, math, and science. In the afternoons, students participate in our "summer fun time" with games, waterslides, and more!
• REGISTRATION- Summer Camp Registration is available online ONLY. Registration available soon.
• CAMP HOURS - Summer program hours are Monday through Friday, 8:50 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. Campers may be dropped off at 8:30 A.M. for no extra charge. All campers must be picked up by 3:15 P.M.
• LUNCH - Lunch is provided by our school catering service, Fresh Lunches, and may be purchased on a weekly basis for a fee. Children may also choose to bring lunch from home each day. Please see the lunch schedule, available on our website, for more information.
• SNACKS - Students should bring a mid-morning snack. An afternoon ice cream treat will be provided daily.
• IMPORTANT CAMP ITEMS - Campers should bring the following items each day: sunscreen, backpack, mid-morning snack, hat, water bottle, change of clothes, and a towel.
• DRESS CODE - Comfortable clothing is recommended for summer camp. Children should wear tennis shoes or suitable shoes for sports, rather than sandals or open-toed shoes. A complimentary camp t-shirt will be provided.
• RAIN POLICY - In the event of rain, activities will take place indoors within the School’s facilities.
• HEALTH & SAFETY - Your child’s well-being is our priority. Please complete the Emergency Medical Information Form, which can be downloaded after you’ve registered online.
• "LAURENCE LOOT" - Every Friday, campers will exchange the "Laurence Loot" they have earned for fun-filled prizes.