Laurence School is located on a five-acre campus in Valley Glen, just north of Sherman Oaks in the San Fernando Valley.
September - June
Kindergarten: 8:00 a.m. - 2:40 p.m.
First - sixth: 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
After School Supervision:
3:00 - 5:30 p.m.
Siblings: October 1st
New Families: January 15th
Financial Aid Applications Due:
February 5, 2018Faculty:
- Credentials and higher level degrees
- Student to faculty ratio: 8:1
(in Kindergarten and 1st Grade, this means an average of 18 students per class with two full-time teachers)
- Average class size in 2nd through 6th Grades: 20-22
(3:00 - 4:00 p.m.):
Glee Club, Minecraft EDU!, Yoga, Egghead with Lego, Egghead Astronauts, Being Da Vinci, Hip Hop Jazz, Ballet, Cooking, Chess Club, Arts & Electronics, Drawing & Painting, "Ready, Set, Grow," Puppetry, Dino World, Soccer Skills, Multimedia Art, Upper Division Musical, After School Play, and more.
Performing Arts Program:
Chorus, Piano/Keyboarding, Percussion, Drama, Dance, Musical Theater, Orchestra
- Readiness program for incoming Kindergarten students
- Academic preparation and electives for 1st through 5th Grade campers, including: sports, art, music, theater, science, cooking, weekly thematic programming
- Counselor in Training (CIT) opportunities for 5th Grade through high school students.
- Character Education – Represent the “L”
- Global Education - Sister School Program
- Environmental Education/Edible Garden
- Integrated, state-of-the-art Apple Technology Center
- School-wide iPad and laptop program
- SMART Boards in every classroom and learning lab
- 1-to-1 Laptop Program in 5th & 6th Grade
- K - 6 STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Math) Program
- For students in 4th through 6th Grades
- Girls' basketball, soccer, and volleyball
- Boys' basketball, soccer, flag football, and baseball
- Home games played on our outdoor field and sports court and in our indoor gymnasium
- Science Center set up as a laboratory with integrated technology programs and flexible learning space for STEAM program
- Designated outdoor learning and performing arts spaces
- 20,000-volume Jacobson Media Library
- Music Center, Art Studio, and a kitchen for cooking lessons
- Large green athletic field, outdoor sport court, and 10,000 square foot Sports & Performing Arts Center (PAC)
- California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
- National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
- Independent School Alliance for Minority Affairs
|Laurie Wolke |
Head of School
|Marvin Jacobson |
Chief Financial Officer