We hope you will find answers to some of your questions here. Please contact our Admissions Office with any additional questions at 818.782.4001 or by email.
- What does Laurence look for in its students?
- When should I begin the admissions process?
- When is your application deadline?
- How many students are admitted to each grade?
- Can I tour Laurence's campus?
- Do you offer transportation services for my area?
- Is there a birth-date cutoff for applicants?
- What appointments are required to complete my application to Laurence?
- When do you notify families regarding admissions decisions?
- Is there an after school program at Laurence?
- What will it cost to send my child to Laurence?
- Is financial aid available?
We are looking for families who are committed to their children’s education and to the Laurence School philosophy, and for those who wish to be part of an embracing, close-knit community. We seek to admit students who enjoy learning and are engaged, attentive, and inquisitive learners. Our interest is in children who immerse themselves in the opportunities provided at Laurence and who enjoy school life to the fullest. In making admissions decisions, we also consider the student’s “fit” with Laurence – his or her ability to succeed in the program Laurence offers.
While the application deadline is January 15, 2018, we encourage families to submit their applications as early as possible (prior to that date) so that we can schedule the required applicant evaluation/play-date, as well as a parent meeting with a Laurence administrator.
Return of supporting materials (i.e. teacher evaluation forms and transcripts – if applicable) are also due by January 15th, as this time frame allows us to make decisions based upon the most recent and up-to-date information on the applicant.
To request admissions information, please complete our online form or call the Admissions Office at (818) 782-4001, ext. 223. Online applications can be accessed at www.laurenceschool.com/applyonline.
Yes. We encourage you to get to know us by attending one of our Prospective Parent Visitations in the spring or fall. You'll meet our administrators, faculty, current students, and parents to learn about Laurence’s programs and student life. Additionally, you will tour our five-acre campus – visiting the classrooms, library, technology center, science lab, and athletic and performing arts facilities.
Parent visitations are held on a variety of weekday mornings, begin at 9:30 a.m., and are approximately two hours in length. Please see our Visit Laurence page for currently scheduled dates.
In order to be included in an upcoming visitation, please contact Sandy Stone, Admissions Administrator, at (818) 782-4001, ext. 223.
Currently, Laurence has round-trip bus service available for our students from the Hancock Park, Los Feliz, Hollywood, Beverly Hills, and Brentwood areas, as well as various service for various Valley locations.
Also, with the help of our Parent Association, we facilitate carpool matching for interested families.
Yes. Laurence pays close attention to the importance of a balanced elementary classroom when creating a class. Our conversations and planning include personality, diversity, learning readiness, and age.
The birth date cut-off for Kindergarten for the 2018-2019 school year is August 31, 2013.
Your child must be five years old by September 1, 2018.
1. We strongly suggest that you attend one of the many Prospective Parent Visitations. Tours are held on various weekday mornings, begin at 9:30 a.m., and last for approximately two hours. Please contact the Admissions Office at (818) 782-4001, ext. 223 to make a reservation.
2. After submitting an application, your child will be scheduled to attend a small group evaluation/play-date.
3. Once your application has been submitted, parents should call Sandy Stone at (818) 782-4001, ext. 223 to schedule a one-to-one parent meeting with a Laurence Administrator.
As a member of a consortium of Los Angeles independent schools, we are varied in our educational philosophies and programs but united in our commitment to ethical practices in our admissions offices.
In order to minimize timing dilemmas for applicant families, we have agreed to these common notification and reply dates for fall 2017 admission:
Grades K-8: Notification letters will be sent on March 17, 2017
Responses will be due no later than March 27, 2017
Yes. We have an after school play program that is offered Monday to Friday until 5:30 P.M. In addition, we also offer a wide variety of enrichment classes, which families may sign up for on a trimester basis. Click here for more information about our after school programs.
Yes. Financial aid is awarded based on a family’s economic need, as determined by a third party evaluation agency (FAST). If you wish to apply for financial aid, please visit the Affording Laurence page of our website under the Tuition & Fees section. Should you have any questions, please contact our Business Office at 818-782-4001, ext. 229. Financial aid decisions are separate from admissions decisions.
All completed financial aid forms are due on February 6, 2017.