We welcome your completed online application for the 2017-2018 school year beginning June 1, 2016.
At Laurence School, an applicant's qualifications are determined by:
- A small-group evaluation/play-date, where each child’s developmental readiness and ability to achieve success in our program are assessed.
- An evaluation form completed by your child’s 2016-17 teacher and returned directly to Laurence School.
- Some factors considered include: academic readiness and the ability to listen and follow directions, to transition, and to establish positive peer and teacher interactions.
All applications must be completed and submitted online no later than January 15, 2017. However, we appreciate receiving your application as soon as possible.
Include with Online Application
- $135 application fee (non-refundable)
- Recent (wallet size) photo of your child (either uploaded online or emailed to Sandy Stone)
- Previous reports, e.g., report cards, testing (when applicable), etc.
Parent Authorization/Student Evaluation Form
Your signed Parent Authorization Form is to be submitted with the Student Evaluation Form to your child's current (2016-2017) teacher. Please have the teacher complete and mail the Student Evaluation Form (Kindergarten or Grades 1-6) directly to Laurence School in the envelope provided. For new applicants, completed Student Evaluation Forms are due by January 15, 2017.
Kindergarten Readiness Evaluation/Play-Date
Upon receipt of your application, we will contact you with a date and time for your child's readiness evaluation/play-date. Assessments are conducted by our Laurence kindergarten teachers and school administrators with a small group of children, in a preschool-like setting.
In our effort to get to know one another better, we request that applicant parents schedule a personal meeting with a member of our Administrative Team. Please call Sandy, in the Admissions Office, to set-up a mutually convenient appointment time.
Applications for Grades 1-6
Once you have submitted an application for a grade other than kindergarten, we will notify you when we know if we may have an opening in the appropriate grade level. It is at that time we will invite your child in for a readiness evaluation with a member of our Administrative Team.
Laurence School's Sibling Policy
We consider ourselves a family school and will try to keep families together. Siblings of current Laurence students (as of September 2016) will be given preference when all other factors are equal, including admissions qualifications and the family’s positive relations, involvement, and support of the School. Parents should realize, however, that the existence of a sibling relationship is not a guarantee of admission.
Admission decisions will be mailed on March 17, 2017.
Parent admissions responses are due no later than March 27, 2017.