We welcome your completed online application for the 2017-2018 school year beginning June 1, 2016.
At Laurence School, an applicant's qualifications are determined based on the following:
- A small-group evaluation/playdate, where each child’s developmental readiness and ability to achieve success in our program are assessed;
- An evaluation form completed by your child’s current teacher and returned directly to Laurence School.
Some factors considered include academic readiness and the ability to listen and follow directions, to transition, and to establish positive peer and teacher interactions.
- Visit Laurence
Visiting Laurence is an important part of the admissions process. Click here to learn more and schedule a visit.
- Return Application
All applications must be completed and submitted online no later than January 15, 2017. However, we appreciate receiving your application as soon as possible.
- Include with Online Application
- $135 application fee (non-refundable)
- Recent (wallet-size) photo of your child (either uploaded online or emailed to email@example.com)
- Previous reports ( i.e., report cards, testing, etc.) where applicable
- Click here for the online application.
- Parent Authorization/Student Evaluation Form
Submit your signed Parent Authorization Form with the Student Evaluation Form to your child's current teacher. Please have the teacher complete and mail the Student Evaluation Form directly to Laurence School in the envelope provided. For new applicants, completed Student Evaluation Forms are due by January 15, 2018. Click here to access these forms.
- Kindergarten Readiness Evaluation/Playdate
Upon receipt of your application, we will contact you with a date and time for your child's readiness evaluation/playdate. Our Laurence kindergarten teachers and school administrators conduct assessments with a small group of children in a preschool-like setting.
- Parent Meeting
In our effort to get to know one another better, we request that applicant parents schedule a personal meeting with a member of our Administrative Team. Please call Sandy Stone, in the Admissions Office at 818.782.4001 x 223, to set-up a mutually convenient appointment time.
- Applications for Grades 1-6
Once you have submitted an application for a grade other than kindergarten, we will notify you when we know whether we have an opening in the appropriate grade level. At that time, we will invite your child for a readiness evaluation with a member of our Administrative Team.
- Laurence School's Sibling Policy
We consider ourselves a family school and try to keep families together. Siblings of current Laurence students (as of September 2018) will be given preference when all other factors are equal, including admissions qualifications and the family’s positive relations with, involvement in, and support of the school. Parents should realize, however, that the existence of a sibling relationship is not a guarantee of admission.
- Admission Decisions
Admission decisions will be mailed on March 17, 2017.
Parent admissions responses are due no later than March 27, 2017.