Head of School
Director of Grades 3-6/STEAM K-6
Director of Kindergarten - 2nd Grade
Chief Financial Officer
Laurence School is an independent K-6 coed day school located on a more than four-acre campus in Valley Glen, just north of Sherman Oaks in the San Fernando Valley.
September - June
Kindergarten: 8:00 A.M. - 2:40 P.M.
First - sixth: 8:00 A.M. - 3:00 P.M.
After School Supervision:
3:00 P.M. - 5:30 P.M.
Siblings: October 1st
New Families: January 15th
Financial Aid Applications Due:
February 6, 2017
- Credentials and higher level degrees
Student to faculty ratio: 8:1 (in kindergarten and first grade, this means an average of 18 students per class with two full-time teachers)
- Average class size in second through sixth grade: 20-22
Glee Club, Minecraft EDU!, Adventure & Fantasy Comics, Rocket Science & Astronomy, Sports with Coaches, Dance, Dino Robotics, Printmaking, Karate, Chess, Sculpture, Professor Egghead: Inventors, Cooking, Lego Robotics, Upper Division Musical, After School Play, and more.
Performing Arts Program:
Chorus, Piano/Keyboarding, Percussion, Drama, Dance, Musical Theater, Orchestra (K-2 Violin & Recorder; 1-3 Cello; 3-6 Winds & Strings)
'Fun in the Summer' Camp (Four Week Camp Integrates):
Readiness program for incoming kindergarteners, academic preparation, electives for first through fifth grade campers, sports, art, music, theater, science, cooking, weekly thematic programming, and extensive Counselor in Training (CIT) opportunities for fifth grade through high school students.
School-Wide Thematic Programs:
- Character Education – Represent the “L”
Global Education - Sister School Program
- Sustainable Living and Gardening
- Integrated, state-of-the-art Apple Technology Center
- School-wide iPad and laptop program
- SMART Boards in every classroom and learning lab
- 1 to 1 iPad Program in 5th & 6th Grade
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, & Math)
- Fourth through sixth grade boys' & girls' basketball and soccer; girls' volleyball; boys' flag football and baseball
- 20,000 volume Jacobson Media Library
Science Center set up as a laboratory with integrated technology programs and flexible learning space for STEAM program
Large green athletic field and 10,000 square foot Sports & Performing Arts Center (PAC)
- Designated outdoor learning/performing arts space
- Music Center, Art Studio, and a kitchen for cooking lessons
- California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
- National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
- Independent School Alliance for Minority Affairs